Khao Na Nai Luang Dhar­ma Park, Surat Thani province, Thai­land

I was born and raised in Bangkok, Thai­land and enjoyed explor­ing nature in oth­er parts of the coun­try. I devel­oped my inter­est in earth sci­ence in high school and decid­ed to pur­sue geol­o­gy at Chu­la­longko­rn University—one of the old­est and top uni­ver­si­ties in Thai­land. Dur­ing my under­grad­u­ate pro­gram, earth­quake geol­o­gy cap­tured my inter­est; I worked on a hybrid min­er­al­o­gy-civ­il engi­neer­ing inde­pen­dent research study­ing soil ampli­fi­ca­tion in the low­er basin of cen­tral Thai­land.

In 2017, I received the life-chang­ing Ful­bright Thai Grad­u­ate Schol­ar­ship (one of sev­en grantees across the whole coun­try) and moved to Ore­gon, Unit­ed States for my master’s degree, study­ing and map­ping active faults in east­ern Cal­i­for­nia. I remained in the beau­ti­ful Pacif­ic North­west and moved to Vic­to­ria, Cana­da in 2020 for my PhD.

Cur­rent­ly, I am study­ing sur­face defor­ma­tion and rup­ture behav­iours of glob­al, con­ti­nen­tal, strike-slip earth­quakes by inte­grat­ing remote-sens­ing, geo­desy, seis­mol­o­gy, and geo­mor­phol­o­gy. I also have a strong pas­sion in con­duct­ing earth­quake out­reach as I believe com­mu­ni­ca­tion is as impor­tant as the sci­ence itself.

Scroll to top